Wednesday, October 22, 2008

3 Month Anniversary Download Extravaganza!!! (part 2 of 2)

To carry over from last week's feature, I will now make available albums 10-1 from the Best 20 Albums Released Since 1970 list. Hope you all had a good weekend, and look out for the return of Songs of the Week on Tuesday.

***
20 best albums of the last 40 years (10-1)

10. Kid A - Radiohead (Pound for pound, the only Radiohead album worth its weight in whatever precious metal you choose.)
9. IV - Led Zeppelin (Need I say more?)
8. The Lonesome, Crowded West - Modest Mouse (The first Mouse album I fell in love with - keep reading, it wasn't the last one either.)
7. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd (Take your pick, but this is the cream of the 70s crop.)
6. London Calling - The Clash (I listened to this album, almost to the point of exclusion, for about 3 years. It was essential in 79, it was essential in 9th grade, and it will continue to be essential, well into the future.)
5. Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven - Godspeed You! Black Emperor (Oh, Godspeed, how I miss thee...)
4. In The Aeroplane Over the Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel (As Beyonce might say, irreplaceable.)
3. If You're Feeling Sinister - Belle and Sebastian
2. The Moon & Antarctica - Modest Mouse (When I wanted to get away, I just went for a 2 am drive and pretended like I owned the city. Isaac Brock & Co. took it one step further and owned both a continent and a celestial body!)
1. The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place - Explosions In The Sky (My favorite album of all time - but you already knew that.)

I hope you all enjoy the albums, and please feel free to take Adam Lazarra's advice and tell all your friends! Oh, and go Rays.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these albums... good work!

    ReplyDelete