Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Songs of the week: 8/26/08

I figured it might be a good idea to add a regular feature to this website, if for no other reason than it guarantees at least one post per week during those droughts when I feel lazy and don't want to be a critic. So, songs of the week, and in no particular order - this week there are five, next week there could be three or there could be 117. Check in next Tuesday for more!

***
songs of the week #1
1. I Will Survive (Cover) - Cake (I might actually like this cover better than Gloria Gaynor's (apparently not quite) superlative original.
2. In A Market, Dimly Lit - mewithoutYou (Everybody knows it - I'm a sucker for mwY, what can I say?)
3. Always New Depths - Bloc Party (My favorite Bloc Party song, by far. Shame it never got a proper album release...)
4. Piano - Glassjaw (I promise I don't hate most women quite this much - just one)
5. I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane - Peter, Paul & Mary (I just left home for three months earlier this week, cut me some slack.)

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I prefer the Me First & the Gimme Gimmes cover of "Leaving..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. they do good covers in general

    ReplyDelete