Thursday, February 12, 2009

What Kind of Music Do You Listen To?

Have you ever asked someone that question? I'm sure you have, and I know I have on many, many occasions. It's the most common ice-breaker we use to initiate conversation and begin relationships. The funny thing about it is, we ask this question, and we usually get the same answer every time! You might be at work with a new co-worker and the jarring amount of silence, calls for you to ask that question.

"Hey, so what kind music do you listen to?"

"Uh, I listen to a little bit of everything. Don't mess with my presets!"

The next time someone says that, you should going quickly reply, "So you like the Twilight Soundtrack too?! Do you like J-Pop?!" Simultaneously, placing your right hand on their shoulder, you look into their eyes-- like you've found a new musical soul-mate. It will not only freak them out, but encourage them to stop being lazy about their life interests. Specifics people!
-----
By the way I recently saw the film Lars & the Real Girl. It's a wonderful film with an even better original soundtrack, courtesy of David Torn. Got that shi' for my birf'day!

No comments:

Post a Comment