Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Songs of the week: 7/21/09

It's so weird to think that July is on the downhill, another summer past its apex. There's been some interesting things afoot in the industry over these last couple of months, and this fall is shaping up to be one of the most exciting release seasons of recent memory (that is if Brand New actually makes good on their September release date!)

It's also rather weird to see how my tastes have changed over the last year. I didn't know that this was possible, but I think that I might have burned myself out on mellow indie rock, and the material I cover here reflects that. So, true to form, here's some questionable rap, textbook electronica, and a little drum and bass thrown in for good measure.

L'chaim.
***
songs of the week #26:

1. Too Many Rappers (ft. Nas) - The Beastie Boys (MCA apparently has cancer, but no reason not enjoy this new track. Gotta love the "NY State of Mind" reference in that first verse!)
2. Right Hand Hi - Kid Sister (You be the judge)
3. Ready for the Weekend (High Contrast remix) - Calvin Harris (Sick breakbeat remix of Harris' new single)
4. Hyper Invisible - Axiotronic (Reminds me a lot of i am robot and proud - which is a good thing)

No comments:

Post a Comment