Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Songs of the week: 9/30/08

I don't know what it is, but I just can't get out of this jazz funk...I promise, only one jazz tune this week, courtesy of Miles Davis and the 6 hour Cellar Door Sessions.

Happy Rosh Hashanah!

***
songs of the week #6

1. Directions - Miles Davis
2. Soon We'll Be Found - Sia (I posted a link to this video last week, because I've really been digging it...check it out, son)
3. He Say, She Say - Lupe Fiasco (I'm still a bit sad that I missed him when he came to Albany, especially since my roommate says that he kills live. I guess I'll have to settle for Lupe on tape)
4. Trojan Horse - Bloc Party (Standout track from Bloc Party's standout new album - a review is in the works, I promise)
5. All That I Had - The Paper And The Plane (I started listening to these guys from Australia last year, and have been trying desperately to get my hands on their new album - wish me luck)

No comments:

Post a Comment