Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Songs of the week: 9/23/08

This was a good weekend, and Jewish holidays assure two short (and hopefully memorable) weeks ahead. Here's hoping you're digging the music as much as I am.

Also, in case you couldn't tell, I'm in a bit of a jazz mood right now.

***
songs of the week #5
1. Perdido - Art Blakey & The Giants Of Jazz (I know I posted a song by these guys last week, but seriously, I can't get over this shit!)
2. Sanctuary - Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra (How did a band this talented evade my notice for so long? Thank god my roommate has excellent taste, or this Brookyln band might have remained a secret to me forever)
3. Sanctuary - Miles Davis (Another excellent track, bearing no resemblance to the afrobeat song of the same name - this is Miles Davis at the top of his game)
4. Clutch - Yoko Kanno & The Seatbelts (Lifted straight from the Cowboy Bebop OST...'nuff said)
5. Quick! To The Observatory - Minus Our Wings

3 comments:

  1. YEAH, i love that you have some kick ass jazz tunes on here... me heart mr.Davis... ps i haven't heard of Art Blakey and the Giants of Jazz, but they sound awesome so i shall check them out indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. look for Dave Brubeck playing Perdito.
    Or come to my house ready to download.

    ReplyDelete